Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://ktisis.cut.ac.cy/handle/10488/4129
Title: Job satisfaction among nurses in Cyprus
Authors: Charalambous, Andreas 
Keywords: Job satisfaction;Nursing staff;Factors of satisfaction
Category: Health Sciences
Field: Medical and Health Sciences
Issue Date: Oct-2004
Publisher: Cyprus Nurses & Midwives Association
Source: Cyprus Nursing Chronicles, 2004, Volume 5, Issue 2, Pages 14-22
Abstract: Aim: The aim of this study was to explore the degree of satisfaction among nurses working in the public sector in Cyprus. Material-Method: The sample consisted of 95 members of nursing personnel working in surgical and pathological departments of all specialities operating in the Limassol General Hospital. The 95 nurses completed the survey questionnaire while 4 of them were interviewed. Results: While 45% of the staff appears either satisfied or very satisfied with their job the remaining 55% appear dissatisfied or very dissatisfied from their job. The highest levels of discontent are found with respect to the way the hospital treats nurses (50%) and for their advancement opportunities (47%). Conclusions: The majority of nurses (55%) report that they are dissatisfied with many aspects of their job. Despite, nurses' serious criticism of their working conditions they still report high levels of satisfaction for some aspects, such as the compensations and benefit scheme and the overall quality of care provided to patients. Key words: Job satisfaction, nursing staff, factors of satisfaction.
URI: http://ktisis.cut.ac.cy/handle/10488/4129
ISSN: 1450-0795
Type: Article
Appears in Collections:Άρθρα/Articles

Show full item record

Page view(s)

18
Last Week
0
Last month
2
checked on Nov 20, 2017

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.